Saturday, February 19, 2011

Purple-ish locks and still smiling

Well, I did it. It's all about the purple!
After being diagnosed with leiomyosarcoma and coming to grips with the whole "I HAVE CANCER"thing, I've decided I have two choices. To either 'poor poor pitiful me' my way through or have a 'kick-ass' attitude and kick-ass my way through.  So what better way to start than a punk-ish-rock-ish like hair style.  I almost chose blue because I am a blue-blooded-progressive to the max, but I decided to go with purple for a couple of reasons.  Purple is the color for #LupusAwareness as well as #CancerAwareness.  Seeing as I have both, purple was the obvious choice =)  The girls and I had a great time today at the salon.  Caitlyn got one purple streak added to her hair to support me.  She looks rather kick-ass if I do say so myself.  Brooke's school won't allow purple, otherwise she would be sporting some fun too.  It's only hair, so why not?  I actually wasn't so sad about the losing the hair thing, for some reason it wasn't bothering me....but now that I have these purple luscious locks, I'm going to be sad to see them go. <tear>
Next step: Sarcoma oncologist this week and the beginning of my first round of chemo.  So kick-ass is in full effect, ready to KICK.THIS.IN.THE.ASS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment