Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 1 *win*

Well, it's been a week and I have survived.  No one told me how much I would miss my little ole ovaries.  Kind of wish someone would have warned me.  Not trying to whine or complain, but I MISS MY FUCKING OVARIES!!!!  At 36 years old, hot flashes were not something I thought about.  But here they are, kicking my ass into wet pillow cases every night.  Seriously....people turn over their pillows in the middle of the night to get to the "cold" side, well, I turn mine over to get to the "dry" side. 
Shall we discuss the crying spells? Yes, let's talk about these.  Crying for no apparent reason happens frequently.  Me questioning my every decision happens dozens of times a day.  It gets pretty annoying, but I am managing it better as each day passes.  The other day I started crying because I thought *what if my daughters can't carry a baby, then I am not going to be able to carry it for them*
Now who the hell thinks of that?  A post-hysterectomy patient does.
---------THINGS TO BE GRATEFUL FOR----------
My three beautiful children.  I am so thankful and blessed for them.  I started off early having my babies and everything happens for a reason.  So that's a plus, right? 
As I recover, slowly but surely, I am so thankful for my friends and specifically Tonya.  I couldn't do this without her.  She has totally taken over mommy duty with my children.  I can't drive so she takes them where they need or want to go and takes Clayton to his school everyday.  I don't know what I would do without her help.  She has been amazing.  Her presence just makes me feel better.
I am thankful for my life.  The good, the bad, the ugly.....I am thankful to be alive and well (almost).  I will never take another second for granted.  Will never take another friend or family member for granted.  I will enjoy my life, just the way it is =)
Thanks for being a blog reader!  Leave comments, me likey!

2 comments:

  1. I love you and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now. It makes me happy that I could be here to help you recover and yes, be a mean bitchy nurse!

    You're my best friend and you mean the world to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great post... I'm 36 and my mom had a hysterectomy at 34. Admittedly, I expected that I'd have to have one around the same age, but not so far. So happy to hear you're keeping your spirits up! :-) ~@ShemPenny

    ReplyDelete