Friday, August 12, 2011

Bladder #FAIL

So, there are two ways of me looking at this issues.


1)  I suck at being healthy
2)  I suck at being healthy


Okay, that was supposed to be funny, but semi-true as of this past year.  Last month I had the wonderful privilege (snark) of having a hysterectomy.  I was becoming accustomed to the fact that hot flashes and hormonal surges were now a part of my everyday life, but I wasn't accepting my bladder that kept failing me.  I won't go into the pissy details, but let's just say my days are more than the average "pissy".


I went to my urologist today and he told me that more than likely my bladder was damaged during my hysterectomy surgery.  GaaaaaaaaaaREAT!  It could be interstitial cystitis, but given my recent surgery and the symptoms, my bladder appears to be damaged.  I don't like damaged.  I don't want damaged.  I want HEALTHY and thats that.


Good news...it is fixable.  So next week, I will go in "to get fixed".  Then the week after that, I will see if my broken elbow will need surgery.


I don't like surgery, I can't stand it really.  One would never know if they looked at my medical records because I have had more the past year than most people have in a life time.  I am over it.


Yes, I am having a poor poor pitiful me moment.  But I am allowed to do that.  This is my blog, if you don't fucking like it, then stop reading it.
(Last comment directed to someone in particular, he knows who he is)


Anyhow....I just needed to get that out.  Why?  I am not sure.  But I just did.
So now I am going to sit down and enjoy a movie with my husband.  Despite what some people think, I really enjoy the simple things in life and can't wait until my life gets back to "simple" again!  simple=healthy


Thanks for all my blog readers who appreciate me and my thoughts.  I have had a recent complainer who tried to bring me down, and I almost let him for a brief 10 minutes or so.  Then I realized, this is my life.  I own me.  Nobody can deny my thoughts to myself.  I happen to love me, just the way I am! (minus pissy bladder).
xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you're going through. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that you have been through you're absolutely entitled to more than one poor me moment. (((hugs))) Good luck with the upcoming surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your rants. Keep them coming!I am so thankful that you are able to rant and express yourself!
    I have known you for years.. you keep on keeping on. I find strength in you.
    Love and Prayers to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer....thanks and thanks for the hugs!! <3

    Carol Anne....very sweet of you and thanks so much for the good luck wishes!!!

    Monica....I appreciate your thoughts on my rants, you know I can be coo coo for coco puffs at times and still love me! You are a true friend and thank you for all of your prayers, you made my heart smile! love ya girlie! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete