Tuesday, August 9, 2011

*Crash*Boom*Bang* 100 MONKEYS

On Friday, Caitlyn , my good friend Jennifer 






and her daughter Ashlynn headed out to see 100 Monkeys perform!  If you have never heard them, you are missing out!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDWxJMhKRzo They are a unique rockish-bluesyish band who are just fun to watch and have a great sound!  
Before the concert we took the girls to Hard Rock Cafe and had dinner and some fun!  It was a great start to the night.  Then we headed to House of Blues and listened to the bands before the headliner.  We were able to people watch, which is always fun. lol




So 100 Monkeys starts and they were awesome!  Jenn and Ashlynn had never seen them so they were quite impressed!  And in awe of Jackson Rathbone (Jasper Cullen from Twilight).  He is the lead singer and he is H A W T!!!!!! And baby, he can sing, dance, entertain, he can do it ALL!!!!




Right before the show ended I went to the merch table and asked if they would be signing autographs after the show, the answer was yes, right there at the merch table...
So I went and got the girls, we headed to the merch table, bought some shirts and pulled out our pictures of the band and of Jackson that my husband had printed out for us.  Sure enough, after the show, here came the monkeys!!!! The were so gracious and happy to sign everything we had!  We were ecstatic!!!






After the concert Jenn and I took off our sexy shoes and went shoeless for the (long) walk back to the car.  No big deal, we agreed we would just soak our feet in bleach water to remove the nastiness from the street we were picking up.  Jenn was talking to me and apparently I can't walk and listen at the same time and I tripped, flew a few feet in the air (I kept telling myself I wasn't going to fall, I wasn't going to fall, I was NOT GOING TO FALL) then coming down from the air I realized I. WAS. GOING. TO. FALL.
That is exactly what I did.  Landed on my right elbow and just laid in the street.  Jenn, Caitlyn, and Ashlynn were so scared, all came running to my side.  I just laid there and said give me just a minute.  Caitlyn was so helpful (they all were) and she helped me up.  I said I was okay, then realized I was dripping blood.  I pretty much had a chunk hanging from my elbow.  So I wrapped it up in a handkerchief (I just so happened to have in my purse) and we went on our way.
That morning when we got home around 1:30 or so, poor Robert had to hear the usual "I think I need to go to the ER"....his response was "What now".  So I just showed him.  Then I decided to wait a few hours until the pain was unbearable.  Robert had to take Caitlyn to the airport so I had to drive myself to the ER.  Oh yeh, that was some fun. Ummm huh....
Long story short and 5 stitches and a broken elbow later, all is okay.  






I am in a soft cast so I am able to take it off and clean the sutures.  In two weeks I will be suture free and in a new cast.  Hopefully it heals on it's own just fine and no surgery will be needed.  I am all surgery-out for the year.  Seriously.
Now, someone please remove this bad Karma and give it to someone else.  I am over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment