Saturday, November 27, 2010

My tooth extravaganza

Long story.....but a few weeks ago I cracked my back molar....like in half. It stayed put, it was just cracked in half.  So me, the chick that I am who hates to go to the dentist decided to put it off until after my dad passed.  To be fair, I had so much going on that my tooth was last on the list and it really wasn't hurting (that bad).  So dad's service was a week ago, I made an appointment for Wednesday.  I am not even kidding, I woke up Wednesday morning and the damn thing was killing me.  So I thought YAY ME, I did something right...I didn't wait too late. Wrong Rachel, wrong wrong, so wrong.  I go into the dentist....he says "honey, I don't understand how you've been able to eat, sleep, or function.  This is one of the worst abscesses I have ever seen.  Wow. Now this just doesn't surprise me.  Because if I am going to fuck something up, its gotta be a grand slam.  Then my favorite dentist says I can't touch that tooth babe, I gotta send you to my friend, he's an oral surgeon.  I'm calling him right now.  Right now? Like right this second? He said YES, That tooth needs to come out.  I am surprised you aren't sick because of this.....Well, I actually have been sick but I put that off on my lupus....So long story short within an hour I was meeting an oral surgeon and he was having a debacle with my tooth...how are we gonna get this thing out.  The infection is so deep.
I'm like........whhhhhhhhhhhhat chu talking bout doc? Honey have you seen your jaw? IT's swollen..thats infection in there.
Well FML. Always something. Now Ima be toothless? Greeeeeeeeaaat! At this point my mouth was so sore, I didn't care.  It's a back molar anyway, so fuck it. No one can see it...I'll worry about that later. So the doc knocked me out and I felt nothing.  Until I woke up and the nummy shots wore off...it was a FML kinda feeling again.  And the Norco he gave me? That's some kind of joke. I am apparently immune to pain meds...cuz they just don't cut it.
So here I am 3 days later, my jaw is still swollen, puss is still oozing, and THE TOOTH THAT IS NO LONGER THERE IS STILL HURTING.  Well, I mean the place where the tooth was is still hurting....
So there you have it.  Please let these antibiotics to kick in.  I am trying to make light of the situation, but if you ever had tooth pain, you can feel me on this one. It Fucking SUX!!!
I was going to take a pic of me, but it is just way to scary at the moment...Ugly scary....hilarious scary...
I've basically been in my pj's for three days. I have changed my underwear, I am not that gross =) leopard print so at least I feel sexy.  Even though there is nothing sexy about me at the moment.


Peace Out....its time for me to crawl back in my bed and ice it up!

1 comment:

  1. How come nurses are so much better at taking care of others? CAUSE THEY HAVE TO BE! :-)

    ReplyDelete