Friday, December 3, 2010

#PuppyMillFarmerBitchWENTDOWN

Today was the day....I have been waiting for it for almost two months...Instead of me going into details I am going to share the letter I wrote to the HSPCA, PETA, CKC, and a few other animal rights organizations....this kind of explains how it all went down.



On August 15th I purchased my dog CinderElla “Ella” Jager from a “licensed breeder” who called herself Daisy Gonzales.  I had spoke with her on the phone the night before and asked if we could come see her female malitpoo. She said her husband was out of town and he didn’t want anyone coming to the house when he was gone and she asked if she could meet me somewhere.  She suggested in a parking lot at the Target at Memorial City Mall in Houston. I said that would be fine.
The next morning, my three kids, a friend, and I went to meet her. We instantly fell in love with the puppy. I gave her $450 cash and she gave me the puppy and the CKC papers to get her registered.  She told me there was a 10 day health guarantee with the puppy. 
We brought Ella home and she didn’t have much energy. She was very quiet.  I thought she might be having an adjustment to the new environment. As soon as she started eating, she began having diarrhea. The next day after we got her, she started coughing…the coughing turned into a hacking cough.  I took her to the Vet on the second day. Our Vet, Dr. Russell, was concerned. He treated her for the cough and the diarrhea.  I attempted to call Zoey to let her know the puppy was sick just so she could watch the other puppies. That is when she denied selling me the dog, she denied being a breeder and selling dogs at all.  She said that she just got this number a week ago. I told her not to do this, this wasn’t right. I told her I had taken down her license plate. She immediately hung up the phone.
The next time I took Ella to the Vet, because she wasn’t getting better, I shared the conversation I had with Zoey to my Vet.  He said it sounds like a puppy mill scam….the entire situation. From meeting in the parking lot, to her denying she sold me the puppy.
At that point, Ella’s health continued to decline.  She was seen at least once a week. Dr.Russell said there was a possibility of distemper but it was also possible Ella had a weakened immune system from the situation in which she was born and lived in prior to us.  I told him I didn’t want her to suffer, but I didn’t want to give up too soon.  So over the next 5 weeks he treated her with multiple antibiotics, steroids, anti-diarrhea meds, medicine for her skin, which had begun to break down, fluid injections and vitamins.  Then Ella started showing signs of her neurological system being compromised.  She couldn’t walk, sit up, and twitched.  I immediately took her back to Dr. Russell and we had her put to sleep.  Distemper.  We had her for 5 weeks and 2 days.
During the last few weeks of seeing my Ella so sick I began doing research on the Internet and I found out that Zoey has been selling litters of puppies (all 8 week old maltipoos) to people for MONTHS.  Every 2-3 weeks she post ads on various local classifieds, selling litters.  After she denied she sold me the puppy, saying she just got this phone and she doesn’t sell puppies I had a few friends call her and pretend to be interested in buying a puppy. She was always eager to sell and ALWAYS had puppies for sell.  My husband also called her, she was eager to sell to him. After she offered to meet somewhere, my husband informed her who he was and she had a couple of options. 1. To give us our money back 2. We would be taking her to court.  She hung up.  I called her after Ella passed, pretending to be a buyer. She once again said she had puppies for sell. I asked if she had both the mom and dad, she said yes.  I asked if I could see them b4 buying a puppy.  She stuttered and said that because she was weaning the puppies, the mom and dad weren’t there. They were staying with a friend.  Then I told her who I really was and told her I wanted my money back, I knew what she was doing. I also asked her if she was smuggling the puppies from Mexico. She said, “You have the wrong number”.  Then she hung up.
Like I said before…every time she would place an ad, they would always be a new litter. Ex: 3 males 2 females, 4 males 1 female, 2 females 3 males. They would ALWAYS be 8 weeks old.
I have to admit, she was pretty good at hiding herself.  She messed up when she posted an ad on the SPCA’s website on July 11, 2010 for her missing Yorki’s.  When she did this, she posted her cell phone number, her real name, and her home phone number.  So when I googled her cell phone number, that ad (as well as dozens of others selling puppies) popped up.  That is how I was able to find out her real name, address, ect.
A friend of mine emailed her and asked if he could buy a “sick puppy”..then told her one of her puppies had to be put to sleep…asked her to pay for the Vet bills.  She replied with “I’ll pay for YOUR ER bills when you end up there”….yes…she basically threatened him.  THEN…she found his FB page (thru his email addy) and sent him another msg saying “puppies were smuggled”. So she admitted it!!!
I filed a small claims lawsuit on September 23, 2010.  It is not about the money.  If I ever see any of it, it will be donated to an animal abuse shelter. I want this “lady” stopped. I don’t want her to be able to do this to innocent animals. I don’t want her to play with families’ emotions.  This entire situation has been heartbreaking for my family and me.  DEVESTATING! But more importantly, THE SUFFERING of these INNOCENT PUPPIES and SHE IS PROFITING!!! I have gathered.  I have a lot of the ads, all the emails, and all the FB conversations.  I am asking, begging, pleading, to have her investigated and stopped.  If there is ANYTHING I can do, or you have any questions regarding the information I am sending, please don’t hesitate to call me.


Okay....so that is the story....today me, my girls, my mom, and Caitlyn's bff and bf went to the courthouse and I was ready...I mean R E A D Y.  I had every piece of evidence, all the phone records, VET reports....ect...
Turns out I really didn't need all of that.  First off....Zoey was LATE for court. Ummmmm......HELLO IDIOT....Don't show up late for court, STRIKE ONE.  The judge heard my story...Zoey began to say it took me 3 weeks to call her and say Ella was sick...I had phone records to prove it was actually 3 days...he could see right through her and after 21 minutes of being in court, he said "Judgement for the Plaintiff"!!!! Like I said, this wasn't about the money.  It was the principle.  She will be paying me close to $1000, but there is no dollar amount for what Zoey does to these animals.  
This was just a civil case.  I can't really say what else is going on, but let's just say this civil case is really the least of her worries.  There were laws that have been broken...and there is a current investigation under way.  She IS a part of a puppy mill, and I want her stopped.  I will exhaust every effort to get her stopped.  I know she is just one of thousands who disregard animals in effort to profit, but one less is one less.  This entire experience has changed me....in so many different ways and on so many levels.  So step one is complete, now it's criminal court!!!
Thanks everyone for listening and once again all of your support!

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, That you experienced these horrific events is heartbreaking. That you're strong and motivated to see a resolution through the courts, is impressive. I admire your courage, smarts and tenacity to continue the fight to help ensure this puppy mill ceases to exist. Thank you for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adopted a bitch that had been used in a puppy mill for 4 1/2 years. She was kept in a cage, and never let out. I've had her for 6 years, and she is still not right. She will never be ok. When I got her, she was afraid to walk on grass because she had never touched it in her life. The rescue organization that got her to me will never tell me where they got her, because they KNOW I would hunt those cruel bastards down for what they did to this sweet sweet dog. Use that $1000 to run ads everywhere SHE runs ads telling people the truth about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go :-)

    I'm glad both our dogs are adopted from hard circumstances. However, both came about those circumstances naturally, so it wasn't very difficult for them to be healthy. Starting from a mill with who knows what sort of breeding and care isn't the same.

    Our one dog was almost certainly dumped, but she was able to fend for herself til my friend took her in, and we adopted her.

    The second: hard to say what happened. He came from an animal shelter and was returned after 2.5 years. But, you can tell the former owner took good care of him. Could be as simple as the owner died.

    It's good you are taking out one little piece of evil. And who knows: she may crack and turn state's evidence against a much larger operation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on this. sorry bout the tooth deal (I just had major oral surgery last month. SUCKS.) 2 bad u protected ur tweets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoey...I am glad you think its funny and you might be laughing now....but trust me, you will NOT be laughing for long. Many organizations are aware of what you are doing and are not happy. This civil case is the least of your worries. You have broken laws and organizations are taking action. So keep on laughing while you continue to harm puppies. It won't be for long.

    ReplyDelete